Dinosaural offer a repair and maintenance service for many sound effects and amps of different brands, new and old including Lovetoneಯducts subject to the following terms:
Please note that these terms may be revised at any time without notice.
Electronic Music Products/effect pedals/equipment hereafter are mostly referred to as "goods".
- Registration: Customers with goods that require either repair, modification or technical support must first contact Dinosaural and register their full name and contact details before Dinosaural can entertain any further business. Dinosaural reserves the right to exercise its discretion with regard to refusing service to an individual. All customer information is treated confidentially by Dinosaural and will not be disclosed to any other organisations or third parties.
- Payment: If paying by credit or debit card, the goods must be invoiced/billed to the cardholders address. International Money Orders/Bank Cheques should be made payable to Dinosaural and sent by registered post for proof of delivery. It is essential to contact us regarding availability before sending any money, regardless of method. Wire (Telegraphic/TT) Transfers, inland BACS transfers or overseas CHAPS transfers are also acceptable and are preferable to using IMO's. Dinosaural's bank details can be provided on request but only with specific relation to Wire and BACS transfers. PayPal transfers can be made to "email@example.com", but a shipping address will be required. Payment in all cases must be in ⠐ounds sterling only. Goods will be delivered to the delivery address supplied by the customer.
- Sending Goods Under Warranty Or For Repair/Modification To Dinosaural: If any goods are found to be faulty, please call Dinosaural first, as problems can often be put right by phone, fax, or e-mail. Before sending any goods (or payment) in the post, for whatever reason, customers must be registered (as in 1.) and receive prior authorisation from Dinosaural before shipping. Goods must be sent to Dinosaural INSURED and REGISTERED (ie TRACKED) for proof of delivery to Dinosaural at the usual address. This is vital in order to make an effective claim in the event of any loss within the postal service or by any courier service used. Dinosaural will not be held liable for any losses incurred owing to failure of the customer to use a traceable, insured method of postage. If you are outside the United Kingdom you must write clearly on both the customs declaration and the parcel itself: "ELECTRONIC MUSIC EQUIPMENT- RETURNED FOR REPAIR (*UNDER WARRANTY) - CUSTOMS VALUE ZERO - EXEMPT UNDER IPR". *Only include the part in brackets if your goods are in fact under warranty. Dinosaural reserves the right to pass on to the customer any charges incurred if the customer fails to do this. Please note that there may be an extra charge for returns if paying by IMO. For goods under warranty, the customer will usually pay for the return postage to Dinosaural, and then Dinosaural will pay for returning goods back to the customer. Packages from abroad containing goods weighing below 2Kg sent via Airmail should be marked clearly "Small Packet", and sent at the small packet rate, which should also be cheaper. Please ensure that any individual parcel measures less than 60cm in any dimension, and that the total of the width+height+length is no more than 90cm. This is what the UK Royal Mail service stipulates for airmail parcels coming in to the UK from abroad. NB: Please ensure that any batteries are removed completely from the goods, and that the packaging adequately protects the goods. Any batteries that arrive with goods will not be returned. Please also ensure that the goods are reasonably clean and free of dirt (particularly in the case of foot pedals). A description of the work required must be included within the parcel if Dinosaural has not previously received this in writing by email or fax.
- Repairs And Modifications To Customer Goods: Repair work will require that the customer pay postage at their end when sending the goods (in accordance with 3.) to Dinosaural. Further to prior verbal descriptions and estimates of any faults or repair work, the goods will then be assessed on arrival to provide a final quotation of the repair cost if any different from the standard fee quoted on the Prices page, which must be agreed with the customer before proceeding further. The customer is then required to pay this amount in full, including the return postage, before the repair work is then undertaken and the pedal returned to the customer. NB: Failure to pay or arrange for the collection of customer goods will entitle Dinosaural to keep the goods in lieu of payment for a period of 90 days from their arrival, after which the goods will become property of Dinosaural and may be sold off/disposed of to recoup any resulting losses incurred. This may also apply to any goods sent to Dinosaural without prior discussion or consent (i.e. unsolicited goods). Dinosaural aims to carry out repair work promptly after arrival of the goods. The repaired goods will normally be returned by the postal method of the customer's choice, this being the major factor in determining the turnaround time. Jobs are aimed to be completed and shipped out within 21 working days after receipt. If for any reason this will not be possible, Dinosaural will promptly inform the customer. Urgent work will first require that the customer use faster (i.e. more expensive) methods of delivery each way. The labour will usually be charged at a higher rate, especially when requiring antisocial hours or adverse effects to Dinosaural's existing workload. Dinosaural reserves the right to change its Product and Services prices at any time without warning and is not under any obligation to defer to an earlier pricing structure. All repair work carried out by Dinosaural is guaranteed for 90 days from date of invoice.
- Products: WARNING: Do not use any external DC power supply voltage greater than the specified maximum for the product, otherwise damage may occur and your warranty may be void.
NB: Dinosaural does not provide or sell power supplies for its products.
DISCLAIMER: Dinosaural shall not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, howsoever caused, resulting from the use of its products or services.
All products sold by Dinosaural are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from the initial date of shipment to a distributor, dealer or end user. If a Dinosaural product is sold to an end user via a distributor or dealer, there will be a registration form enclosed for the customer to complete and promptly return to Dinosaural in order to validate the Warranty. Dinosaural will, at its discretion, repair or exchange for a new one, free of charge, any faulty or defective product returned to it within the above 12 month period except where the product:
- Is deemed by Dinosaural to have suffered unreasonable misuse or abuse.
- Has been tampered with or modified either in any way not compatible with normal use as suggested in the product manual, or without the express permission of Dinosaural.
- Force Majeure: Dinosaural reserves the right to cancel an order or suspend or delay delivery of it without being liable for any loss or damage if supply of the goods is prevented or delayed by reason of war (whether declared or not), civil strife, riots, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, labour disputes, accidents or by any other cause or circumstances beyond its control.
- Interpretation and Validity: The construction, validity and performance of this contract will be governed only by English law, and the English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction. The interpretation of any clause above will not in any way be limited or restricted by reference or inference from any clause or sub-clause. If for any reason one clause or sub-clause is not enforceable according to its terms then the others will remain in full force and effect.
- Miscellaneous: Dinosaural is a Registered Trade Mark.